A six-day experience utilizing Recreational Therapy to promote the healing and growth of veterans or first responders and their partners/supporters. Qualifying participants experience symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury, Military Sexual Trauma, Polytrauma, and/or mental health challenges. The experience is designed to help participants discover a renewed sense of identity and belonging, improved quality of life, and connection with a community of individuals with similar experiences.
Contact Dave@highergroundusa.org for more information.
Community Resiliency Units (CRU)
Newer to HG's programming lineup are CRU events serving veterans and first responders nationwide. CRUs will meet for day or multi-day events in their local area and are intended to expand Higher Ground's nationwide reach and impact by championing connection, well-being, and community among veterans and first responders.
Contact Adam@highergroundusa.org for more information.
Idaho Day Programs
Qualified Idaho local veterans and first responders with disabilities have the opportunity to join us for day programs. Opportunities include fly fishing, golfing, and ski groups. Qualified participants may be eligible for a discounted Sun Valley ski pass.
Click below to register for Community Pass and view day program opportunities
November 2023 - March 2024 Veteran and First Responder Programs
As we continue to grow our programs, our goal at Higher Ground is to prioritize participant selection regionally. In doing so, it is our hope that we can continue to create a community of HG Alums that can return home post-program and continue to build on the recreation and leisure skills learned throughout the program. Please keep this in mind when submitting your interest in our veteran programs.
• Couples Programming: for a veteran/first responder AND their spouse/significant other to attend together
• Singles/Individuals Programming: optional for the veteran/first responder to bring a supporter, which can be a family member, close friend, or fellow veteran/first responder who is a significant part of your daily life (over 18)
- LagunaLaguna, Laguna, CA 95758, USA
- Wood RanchWood Ranch, Rising Star, TX 76471, USA
- Cassia CountyCassia County, City of Rocks, Idaho 83342, USA
- Yakutat LodgeYakutat Lodge, Yakutat, AK, USA
- RumneyRumney, Rumney, NH 03266, USA